Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Super Sweet!

Hi Everyone,
 
Today I'm sharing one of the Christmas cards I've been making recently, and this adorable little Candy Cane Chistmas Critter from DRS Designs is too cute! I think he may be gracing more than one creation of mine this year :) As per usual for me, I colored him with my Copic markers and die cut him using my circle Spellbinders dies. 
 
 
 
 
I used the Large Original Plaid background and stamped the right bottom corner of my card stock at an angle, hoping to kind of mimic the stripes on the candy canes he is holding. That also left me with enough room to stamp the Super Sweet Christmas greeting on the top left.
 
I lined the upper stamped portion with gems, just because they sort of looked like candies. And finally, I rounded one corner of the card before adhering it together.
 
Super short and sweet today friends. I'm trying to squeeze every last drop of fun and sun that this summer has to offer.
 
 
 If you're stamping today, be sure to make a card for our Lavender and Lace challenge right here!


2 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Awww...too cute! Love the peppermint stripes at the bottom.

Shona Erlenborn said...

That is a super sweet card. Great image, sentiment and your sripes work perfectly with the candy canes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails