Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Holly Days

Hi Everyone,

I can hardly believe that Christmas is in just a few days.  As I get older, the holidays seem to fly by more quickly with each passing year..And can I be honest? I'm just now finishing up sending out my cards. Yikes!  I hope the post office isn't as behind on things as I am :)

Here's a card that I would sneak out even after Christmas Day has come and gone, since it celebrates this time of year and everything holly.  I'd write or stamp a Happy New Year inside and not feel bad at all :)

I came across a card in my stash that I made eons ago and used it as inspiration for today's card share.  I began with a cream colored card base and dry embossed the green background using my holly berry embossing folder.  I cut another piece of green cardstock slightly smaller and die cut a round window out of  it, and then adhered my stamped Triple Holly image behind it.  I place a larger piece of cream behind that and embossed it once more, adding a piece of ribbon before adhering it to the card.


To finish it off, I added the Holly Days Christmas Greeting that I simply trimmed to fit the space.  Be sure to visit DRS Designs for these stamps and many more!

Happy Holly Days to you and yours!
Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails