Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Dance Your Heart Out

Hi Everyone,

As soon as I saw it, I couldn't wait to color up this cute little Ballerina stamp from DRS Designs.  She's just precious!

After making a line of dancers on this card here, I decided to feature her on stage, doing a little solo dance.  I began by using the Wood Grain Background stamp to create the floor and I just stamped her right on top.  I colored her using Copic markers and then took a couple of post it notes and masked off the top and side of the card.  Sponging on some yellow ink, I created a little spotlight to highlight her dancing.  I removed the masking and stamped the Dance Your Heart Out Greeting in the spotlight too.

Here is the close up of the glitter I added to her tutu.  I figured the spotlight had to be making something sparkle :)


I finished the card by layering it onto a pink base and rounding the opposite corners for a little extra interest.  I was feeling all good about this card, and I do still like it due to the whole adorable dancer, but leave it up to one of my design teammates to take the stage concept to another level by making curtains on her card!  If you missed it, you can see her amazing creativity here!

Thanks for dropping by today!
Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails