Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Retirement Cards

Hi Everyone,

Last week I mentioned that one of my dreams is to retire to the beach.  I'm not sure that wish will ever come true, but I did make today's retirement cards with the ocean in mind :-)

I made a little beach scene using the following stamps, coloring them and the background in using Copic markers and a white gel pen.



 I framed it out using a piece of brown card stock and layered it onto a turquoise paper that was embossed with time pieces...time sure does seem to have less meaning when you don't have someplace to be!

And this second card was simply made by stamping and heat embossing the Seaside Dock stamp and adding the die cut Happiness Retirement Greeting on top of a embossed border piece.  Super easy, but monochromatic cards are never a fail in my book.

 Here's hoping you're having a relaxing week, whether it's seaside or backyard inspired! 

Thanks for visiting!
Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails