Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Halloween Cards

Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of Halloween cards to share today that were made using the most recently released stamps from DRS Designs.  After I finished making this first one, I just thought I would see if I could use the other half of the card base paper to make a second card, so that's why I'm sharing both today.

The inspiration for the green and purple color combo on this card came from the witch theme.  In my world, witches always have green faces, and I think it's because The Wizard of Oz freaked me out so bad as a kid! (And don't get me started on those flying monkeys!)

The background was embossed with swirls and the patterned paper was made using green and purple ink, along with the Splatter and Starry background stamps.  I also added a punched border and wrapped it with some ribbon.


I stamped, colored and fussy cut the Broom and adhered that under the bow., adding the Wishing I was Witch Ya Greeting that was die cut and embellished with purple sponging.  I need a witch, so I stamped the Broomstick Stella Witch and used some round punches to create a little witch-y embellishment that was attached with some dimensional foam tape.


Here I used the new Trick or Treaters Last Stop stamp for the background.  I took inspiration from the first card and added a purple border up top that was stamped using the Accent Bats.  After stamping and matting the greeting, it seemed too stark white, so once again I used the Splatter stamp in purple and yellow ink to make it match the rest of the card.


I attached it to the card at and angle and then added some die cut spiders, simply to up the creep factor of my card.  It is a Halloween card after all :)

To check out all of these stamps and more, head on over to the DRS Designs store!
Have a great day!

Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails