Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Two Cards

Hi Everyone,

The first time I saw this Pumpkin Spice Everything Nice greeting from DRS Designs, I knew I wanted to make a coffee themed card.  There was just one problem...I don't own a coffee cup die!  Many of my design team mates made darling cards with this idea, and I knew if I thought hard enough, I could make one too.  I just needed to be a little creative. I pulled out my idea binder, and I came across some punch art using the old tag punch from Stampin Up.  I simply added some handles using a couple of circle punches, and stamped them both using my Splatter Background stamp.  

I had already decided to make a friendship card, so I attached the mugs to an embossed hello background, and added a heart in between the two mugs.   


I made a strip of patterned paper using the Medium Silhouette Leaf stamp and the Silhouette Branch Background stamp.  I added a border and attached the greeting with dimensional foam tape.

Since October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month, I thought I would post this too.  I used the Cancer Is stamp to make a card to cheer on a friend who is fighting this disease.   


I added the Support Ribbon on top of the greeting and used basically the same layout as the above card.  

Get yer checkups Ladies, and then come home and stamp something!

Have a great day!
Karin


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails