Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Birds and Shamrocks

Hi Everyone,

One of my favorite things to do in summer, is fill up my feeders and sit on the deck and watch the birds. However, in the midst of winter, I feel like that time will never come.  So while I'm waiting, I've colored up the new Birdfeeder stamp from DRS Designs and made a friendship card :) 

After my image was colored, I then chose my papers to match.  I created the patterned paper using the Splatter background stamp by stamping in both blue and brown ink.  I thought that it might look like specks of birdseed.  In the end, I don't really think that's the case, but I like it just the same.  


The Birds of a Feather Greeting is also new.  I die cut and matted them both the same way, and used a scrap of the gold cardstock behind them.  I went searching through my stash for some ebellishments in the form of brads or bling, when I came acorss thsese felt bird stickers.  I've had them forever and I've no idea where they came from, but it felt like destiny since their color matched the card! 


This was a simple little card that I made using the new Silhouette Shamrock Field.
I stamped and embossed the clovers in black ink and sparkling embossing powder.  Doing that gave me the option to sponge green inks onto the background.  While I was searching for embellishments for the above card, I came across this clover charm, so I added it with some baker's twine to the top of the card.  That was after I stamped the Lucky to Have You Greeting.



And here is a close up of the sparkle in the embossed shamrocks.


Thanks for stopping by!
Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails